Last updated: 25 May 2018
Your trust is important to us, so keeping your personal data safe and secure remains our top priority.
This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that Love the Sales does not own or control, or to individuals that Love the Sales does not employ or manage.
We may need to update this policy from time to time. Where a change is significant, we’ll make sure we let you know – usually by sending you an email.
You can read the whole policy below, or if you haven’t got much time, you can jump to the section you need using the navigation links below.
- Who are 'we'?
- How we collect your data
- How we use your data
- How we share your information
- Your rights and choices
- What about cookies?
- Retailers on Love the Sales
- How to contact us
Who are ‘we’?
When we refer to ‘we’ (or ‘our’ or ‘us’ or “Company”), that means Love the Sales Limited. Our headquarters are in London, United Kingdom but we operate globally.
We provide an easy-to-use online platform for shoppers to find the best offers and deals from retailers around the world. If you want to find out more about what we do, please see our About us page.
For European Union data protection purposes, any personal data provided to or gathered by the Services is controlled by Love the Sales LTD (a company incorporated in England and Wales, with company number 08642577 and with a registered office at 1 Phipp St, London, EC2A 4PS) ("Love the Sales").
How we collect your data
When you visit our websites or use our services, we collect personal data. The ways we collect it can be broadly categorised into the following:
i. Information you provide to us directly
We collect, process, and use your information when you:
- Register for our Services or sign in to an existing account
- Visit our website(s)
- Connect to our Services using third-party accounts, such as your social media
- Contact us for support
- Enter a competition, survey, or poll
If you don’t want to provide us with personal data, you don’t have to, but it might mean you can’t use some parts of our websites or services.
ii. Information we collect automatically
We collect some information about you automatically when you visit our websites or use our services, like your IP address and device type. We also collect information when you navigate through our websites and services, including what pages you looked at and what links you clicked on. This information is useful for us as it helps us get a better understanding of how you’re using our websites and services so that we can continue to provide the best experience possible (e.g., by personalising the content you see).
iii. Information we get from third parties:
The majority of information we collect, we collect directly from you. Sometimes we might collect personal data about you from other sources, such as publicly available materials or trusted third parties like our marketing and research partners. We use this information to better inform, personalise and improve our services, and to validate the personal data you provide.
Where we collect personal data, we’ll only process it:
- to perform a contract with you, or
- where we have legitimate interests to process the personal data and they’re not overridden by your rights, or
- in accordance with a legal obligation, or
- where we have your consent.
If we don’t collect your personal data, we may be unable to provide you with all our services, and some functions and features on our websites may not be available to you.
“Personal data” means information that can be used to identify you (whether alone or in combination). The personal data you may provide to us includes:
- First and last name
- Email address
We may also collect personal data and other information based on your use of the Services:
- The nature of the product or service requested or purchased
- How you connect to our Services, such as your IP address, unique device identifiers, device or session IDs, and information regarding the network and connected hardware (e.g., computer or mobile device)
- Browsing, shopping, and purchase history
- Your geolocation
- Click data (the page-by-page paths you take as you browse through our Services, or the products you click on)
How we use your data
First and foremost, we use your personal data to operate our websites and provide you with any services you’ve requested, and to manage our relationship with you. We also use your personal data for other purposes, which may include the following:
To communicate with you: This may include:
- providing you with information you’ve requested from us (like price drop alerts on items you have shortlisted, or sale alerts for brands you are following) or information we are required to send to you
- operational communications, like changes to our websites and services, security updates, or assistance with using our websites and services
- marketing communications (about Love the Sales or another product or service we think you might be interested in) in accordance with your marketing preferences
- asking you for feedback or to take part in any research we are conducting (which we may engage a third party to assist with).
To support you: This may include assisting with the resolution of technical support issues or other issues relating to the websites or services, whether by email or otherwise.
To enhance our websites and services and develop new ones: For example, by tracking and monitoring your use of websites and services so we can keep improving, or by carrying out technical analysis of our websites and services so that we can optimise your user experience and provide you with a more efficient service
To market to you: In addition to sending you marketing communications, we may also use your personal data to display targeted advertising to you online – through our own websites and services or through third party websites and their platforms. To match your profile and interest, we may create a profile of your preferences and provide advertisements, content or features. You can manage these communications in accordance with Section 7 (Your rights and choices) below.
To analyse, aggregate and report: We may use the personal data we collect about you and other users of our websites and services (whether obtained directly or from third parties) to produce aggregated and anonymised analytics and reports, which we may share publicly or with third parties.
To Administer Contests, Sweepstakes, and Promotions: From time to time, we may invite you to enter various contests, sweepstakes, surveys or promotions. If you choose to participate in a contest or promotion, your personal data may be used to administer the contest, such as to determine your eligibility for the contest or to award a prize.
How we share your information
There will be times when we need to share your personal data with third parties. We do not sell your personal data and only share it with third parties to operate our Services. We will only disclose your personal data to:
- third party service providers and partners who assist and enable us to use the personal data to, for example, support delivery of or provide functionality on the website or services, or to market or promote our goods and services to you
- regulators, law enforcement bodies, government agencies, courts or other third parties where we think it’s necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations, or to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights. Where possible and appropriate, we will notify you of this type of disclosure
- an actual or potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with an actual or proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business
- other people where we have your consent.
Security is a priority for us when it comes to your personal data. We’re committed to protecting your personal data and have appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to make sure that happens.
We take reasonable measures to protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We use a secure, encrypted connection (using a TLS protocol) on all pages of the website.
All information you provide to us is hosted and stored securely on Microsoft Azure cloud-based services (for further information on the measures taken by Microsoft to protect the security of their servers and your personal data, please see: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/trustcenter/security/azure-security).
The length of time we keep your personal data depends on what it is and whether we have an ongoing business need to retain it (for example, to provide you with a service you’ve requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
We’ll retain your personal data for as long as we have a relationship with you and for a period of time afterwards where we have an ongoing business need to retain it, in accordance with our data retention policies and practices. Following that period, we’ll make sure it’s deleted or anonymised.
Your rights and choices
It’s your personal data and you have certain rights and choices relating to it. When it comes to marketing communications, you can ask us not to send you these at any time – just follow the unsubscribe instructions contained in the marketing communication, or manage your preferences by logging into your account settings, or send your request to email@example.com.
While using our services, you may in some cases have the option to decline providing us information. However, your choice to not provide information may impact your use of certain features or services.
You also have rights to:
- know what personal data we hold about you, and to make sure it’s correct and up to date
- request a copy of your personal data, or ask us to restrict processing your personal data or delete it
- object to our continued processing of your personal data
You can exercise these rights at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re not happy with how we are processing your personal data, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com. We will review and investigate your complaint, and try to get back to you within a reasonable time frame. You can also complain to your local data protection authority. They will be able to advise you how to submit a complaint.
What about cookies?
Retailers on Love the Sales
Love the Sales works with a variety of retailers (“Love the Sales Partners”) in order to offer you the widest possible choice of products through the services. We promote the items offered by the Love the Sales Partners through the Services. When you choose to buy an item, you will be taken directly to their online store.
Please note that:
- you should check its policy before completing any transaction involving such third-party business; and
- such third-party business is solely responsible for its use and sharing of your personal data.
How to contact us
We’re always keen to hear from you. If you’re curious about what personal data we hold about you or you have a question or feedback for us on this policy, our websites or services, please get in touch.
As a technology company, we prefer to communicate with you by email – this ensures that you’re put in contact with the right person, in the right location, and in accordance with any regulatory time frames.
Our email is firstname.lastname@example.org.